The developement of Giesemann OCXO Trifecta Clock x 10M Master Clock Extreme Edition for Merging NADAC
This version is designed along with customer who is recently purchase the Merging NADAC for his audiopile sysytem. Since NADAC is requires a specific frequency to work for all samplying rate. He contact AfterDark. and see if we have clocking solution which can provide the flexibility on working with different Word Clock Frequency, 10M Master Clock outputs for sync with the Merging NADAC.
We know thare are some customer using Merging system. They are very keen on improving the existing NADAC DAC with Giesemann OCXO Reference 10M Master Clock. In additions with 1 x Word Clock, they request 5 more 10M Master Clock ouputs signals for EthereREGEN switch and other devices which accepting 10M Master Clock.
For Merging NADAC, the device are accepting 1 inputs of Word Clock as below:
- 1 x Word Clock Inputs on BNC connectors, accept special Word Clock frequency at 625kHz. The data rate can be the same as the clock rate or an exact multiple of the clock rate.
- To achieve the best possible clocking frequency, we use the highest grade of from Giesemann OCXO Master Clock to generate the Word Clock at 625kHz.
What is the design concept of Giesemann OCXO Trifecta Extreme Edition?
- The outputs signal will be in Square Wave, 75 Ohms with isolated with 6 outputs BNC Connectors.
- Each of the outputs can be adjusted to various frequency
- The chassis is rigid, heavy weighted and fine tuned with Carbon Fiber for EMI protection and ensure highest stability of OCXO inside
- Custom made LPS (Linear Power Supply) will be build in for demanding applications and optimised for OCXO Master Clock
- Furutech NCF IEC socket to maxmise electrical contact on power supply
- The color of chassis can be made to order with choices of Silver and Black Colors
- Plug and Play compatibilty for dCS customers
What is the range of Giesemann OCXO grade can be choose?
- All grades of Giesemann OCXO from Prince to Emperor Giesemann EVA can be made to order for customers
What is the specification to determined the Quality of OCXO?
- They can be graded by Phase Noise when compared the measurement result on both 1Hz / 10Hz intervals.
- Phase noise: -119 to -113 dBc / Hz or lower at 1 Hz offset (Grades) -137 dBc / Hz or lower at 10 Hz offset
||Phase Noise@ 10Hz
||Phase Noise@ 1Hz
|Emperor DOUBLE CROWN
|Emperor TRIPLE CROWN
|Emperor Giesemann EVA
Allan variance short-term stability reference value
[Emperor Giesemann EVA]TAU = 1sec 2.50E-13 or less（0.00025ppb / s）
[Emperor Giesemann] TAU = 1sec 2.78E-13 or less（0.00028ppb / s）
[Emperor Triple Crown] TAU = 1sec 3.8E-13 or less（0.00038ppb / s）
What is the summery of adjustable frequencies?
- 100Mhz, 50Mhz, 48Mhz, 25Mhz, 24Mhz, 8Mhz, 4Mhz, 33.8688Mhz,
- 49.152Mhz, 24.576Mhz, 12.288Mhz, 90.3168Mhz, 45.1584Mhz,
- DSD: 22.5792Mhz, 11.2896Mhz, 5.6448Mhz
- Word Clock: 192kHz, 176.4kHz, 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz
- Reference Clock: 10M Master Clock
What is the standard frequency setting for Merging NADAC customers?
- Output 1: 625kHz
- Output 2: 10M Master Clock
- Output 3: 10M Master Clock
- Output 4-6: 10M Master Clock
The miniminst design of Giesemann OCXO Trifecta Extreme Edition for NADAC will work plug and play for all Merging DAC
Giesemann OCXO Features
The product uses the selected audio grade OCXO, and through long-term calibration to select and install equipment with excellent stability.
- OCXO that employs with qualitative measure equipment.
- OCXO is enclosed and covered with Dynamat Extreme Corporation (Made in USA) which is used to stabilize and minimize heat separation, addition EMI material from KEMET EMI Shielding is placed on top of OCXO, the outer layer is covered with real leather to isolate the heat factors for maximizing OCXO performance .
- Alu material + Carbon Fiber material front and backplate, solid anti-vibration. In addition, due to the thickness used, 3mm / 6mm Carbon Fiber material material with plate can provide solid EMI/ magnetic coverage.
- Advanced instrument Symmetricom 5125A calibrated with plotted characteristics. The phase noise, and Allen Derivation defines different grades of the OCXO.
- Audio Note Silver Solder
- Duelund AC0.4 Silver Premium Audio Cable (Silver in Cotton / Oil impregnated) (Handmade in Denmark)
- Ultra High Quality Large Factor 5151 SC Cut OCXO, very low phase noise and frequency stability compared to others small size OCXO specification
- SC Cut refers to stress compensated (SC) cut crystal resonators, which is more advance on performance of Frequency Vs Temperature changes, longer Crystal Aging. The pro is expensive to made and size is larger then normal OCXO.
- Then Large Factor size 5151 is around 5cm x 5cm dimension vs small factor 3cm x 2cm, 2 times bigger with better phase noise performances.
- OCXO are available in tailor made on various audio frequencies on special request.
Level selection value
The OCXO installed in the product can calibrate the products used in industrial equipment for a long time, and use equipment with good characteristics. In order to optimally select the audio clock, we comprehensively evaluate with Symmetricom Flagship 5125A to analysis the phase noise characteristics and short-term stability (Allen dispersion) that can be determinate the OCXO grading accordingly.
The OCXO installed in this product uses a stable OCXO unit that has been calibrated for several months. In order to make the best choice of OCXO. We are conducting a comprehensive evaluation of phase noise characteristics and short-term stability (Allen dispersion) during detailed inspection.
The final product will final measured and fine tuned with Keysight 53220A with reference to Atomic Clock , GPSDO.
The Trifecta EXTREME edition of Giesemann OCXO Modules is enclosed by Carbon Fiber AudiophileMAT in 3mm