The new developement of Giesemann OCXO iClock Mini for Silent Angel Boon NX / N8 Pro Network Switch
This version is designed along with customer who is recently purchase the Silent Angel Network Switch for his audiopile sysytem. Since Silent Angel Boon NX is requires a specific frequency to work. He contact AfterDark. and see if we design and develop a OCXO Clock which is small in size to optimises the Newtork Switch with different Word Clock Frequency and output 10M Master Clock outputs for sync with both devices for the Silent Angel Boon NX as well as Silent Angel N8 Pro Network Switch.
We know thare are customer using Silent Angel Streaming and Network Switch system. They are very keen on improving the existing device with external clock with Giesemann OCXO Reference 10M Master Clock. In additions with 2 x Word Clock, they request one more 10M Master Clock ouputs signals for other devices which accepting 10M Master Clock.
What is the design concept of Giesemann OCXO iClock Mini?
- The outputs signal will be in Square Wave, 75 Ohms with isolated with 3 outputs BNC Connectors.
- Each of the outputs can be adjusted to various frequency
- The chassis is rigid, heavy weighted and fine tuned with Carbon Fiber for EMI protection and ensure highest stability of OCXO inside
- Accepting external audiophiles LPS (Linear Power Supply) for demanding applications and optimised for OCXO Master Clock
- The dimension will be the same as Giesemann OCXO Single Output Version.
- The color of chassis is in Black Colors
- Plug and Play compatibilty for Silent Angel's customers
What is the DC input required for Giesemann OCXO iClock Mini
- Accepting external LPS with 15V DC at 2A
For Silent Angel Bonn NX network switch , the device are accepting 1 inputs of Word Clock as below:
- 1 x Word Clock Inputs on BNC connectors, accept special Word Clock frequency at 25Mhz.
- To achieve the best possible clocking frequency, we use the highest grade of from Giesemann OCXO Master Clock to generate the Word Clock at 25Mhz.
For Silent Angel Bonn N8 Pro - CLK network switch , the device are accepting 1 inputs Master Clock as below:
- 1 x Master Clock Inputs on BNC connectors, accept frequency at 10M.
- To achieve the best possible clocking frequency, we use the highest grade of from Giesemann OCXO Master Clock to generate the Reference Master Clock at 10M.
What is the range of Giesemann OCXO grade can be choose?
- All grades of Giesemann OCXO from Prince to Emperor Giesemann EVA can be made to order for customers
What is the specification to determined the Quality of OCXO?
- They can be graded by Phase Noise when compared the measurement result on both 1Hz / 10Hz intervals.
- Phase noise: -119 to -113 dBc / Hz or lower at 1 Hz offset (Grades) -137 dBc / Hz or lower at 10 Hz offset
||Phase Noise@ 10Hz
||Phase Noise@ 1Hz
|Emperor DOUBLE CROWN
|Emperor TRIPLE CROWN
|Emperor Giesemann EVA
Allan variance short-term stability reference value
[Emperor Giesemann EVA]TAU = 1sec 2.50E-13 or less（0.00025ppb / s）
[Emperor Giesemann] TAU = 1sec 2.78E-13 or less（0.00028ppb / s）
[Emperor Triple Crown] TAU = 1sec 3.8E-13 or less（0.00038ppb / s）
What is the summery of adjustable frequencies?
- 100Mhz, 50Mhz, 48Mhz, 25Mhz, 24Mhz, 8Mhz, 4Mhz, 33.8688Mhz,
- 49.152Mhz, 24.576Mhz, 12.288Mhz, 90.3168Mhz, 45.1584Mhz,
- Word Clock: 192kHz, 176.4kHz, 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz
- Reference Clock: 10M Master Clock
What is the standard frequency setting for Siltent Angel's customers?
- Output 1: 25Mhz
- Output 2: 25Mhz
- Output 3: 10M Master Clock
The miniminst design of Giesemann OCXO iClock Mini Edition for Silent Angel will work plug and play.
Giesemann OCXO Features
The product uses the selected audio grade OCXO, and through long-term calibration to select and install equipment with excellent stability.
- OCXO that employs with qualitative measure equipment.
- OCXO is enclosed and covered with Dynamat Extreme Corporation (Made in USA) which is used to stabilize and minimize heat separation, addition EMI material from KEMET EMI Shielding is placed on top of OCXO, the outer layer is covered with real leather to isolate the heat factors for maximizing OCXO performance .
- Alu material + Carbon Fiber material front and backplate, solid anti-vibration. In addition, due to the thickness used, 3mm / 6mm Carbon Fiber material material with plate can provide solid EMI/ magnetic coverage.
- Advanced instrument Symmetricom 5125A calibrated with plotted characteristics. The phase noise, and Allen Derivation defines different grades of the OCXO.
- Audio Note Silver Solder
- Duelund AC0.4 Silver Premium Audio Cable (Silver in Cotton / Oil impregnated) (Handmade in Denmark)
- Ultra High Quality Large Factor 5151 SC Cut OCXO, very low phase noise and frequency stability compared to others small size OCXO specification
- SC Cut refers to stress compensated (SC) cut crystal resonators, which is more advance on performance of Frequency Vs Temperature changes, longer Crystal Aging. The pro is expensive to made and size is larger then normal OCXO.
- Then Large Factor size 5151 is around 5cm x 5cm dimension vs small factor 3cm x 2cm, 2 times bigger with better phase noise performances.
- OCXO are available in tailor made on various audio frequencies on special request.
Level selection value
The OCXO installed in the product can calibrate the products used in industrial equipment for a long time, and use equipment with good characteristics. In order to optimally select the audio clock, we comprehensively evaluate with Symmetricom Flagship 5125A to analysis the phase noise characteristics and short-term stability (Allen dispersion) that can be determinate the OCXO grading accordingly.
The OCXO installed in this product uses a stable OCXO unit that has been calibrated for several months. In order to make the best choice of OCXO. We are conducting a comprehensive evaluation of phase noise characteristics and short-term stability (Allen dispersion) during detailed inspection.
The final product will final measured and fine tuned with Keysight 53220A with reference to Atomic Clock , GPSDO.
The iClock Mini of Giesemann OCXO Modules is enclosed by Carbon Fiber AudiophileMAT in 3mm