The development of MikroTik CRS112 Cloud Router Switch x Giesemann OCXO White ARMOR Edition
Why do we choose MikroTik CRS112?
- We have some customer found MikroTik is well known to be stable and combines with state of art RouterOS, it make this switch is highly customerise in software levels
- Some MikroTik customer requested us to modified with better Giesemann OCXO for sound improvements.
- The hardware is includes 8 ports and 4 port SFP, which is more flexible with multiple layers of audiophile switch
- CRS series combines with best features of a fully functional router
- Some ports can be removed from the swith configuration and used for routing purposes
- The commercial grade layer 3 switch can configure VLan in easier ways and make network isolation easily
- QoS enable can prorites the traffic to most demanding areas for Roon Server, HQplayer.
- Each lan port can configure to 100M or 1000Mps speed for sound tuning.
- Designed to run 24x7 non-stop working for Cloud envirnoment.
- Small in sizes (200x143x44mm)
- Long MTBF 200,000 hours at 25 C
- Accept external 12V LPS audiophile power supply
8 Lan ports + 4 SFP ports for connecting more devices at once
The External BNC socket is applied on the left side after modifcation
How we design a modified MikroTik CRS112 ?
- The device should be powered externally with audiophile grade LPS
- The Giesemann OCXO 25Mhz will be optimised to MikroTik Switch. The Giesemann Clock will be in module, to supply the cleanest clock signal to the board.
- The OCXO version should be fit into one single box.
- The internal wire with optimised with Duelund Silver Cable, and solder with Kester Solder
- The design will be accepting external 10M Mastrer Clock, so audiophiles can be make use of high quality Giesemann clock.
- The use of SFP Single Mode Optical Fiber will give you another isolation to connect Cascade of network switch
- The EMI shielding from KAMET corp. will apply to the RJ45 ports
- Enhancement on Industrial Grade Thermal material from Shin-Etsu (Made in Japan) will apply to CPU again.
How many version does modified MikroTik has?
- There will be two versions. One is build in OCXO clock and other one requires external 10M Master Clock
The 4 black box is GH5210 LF Discrete LAN Magnetics from DELA S100, it provide the best cable interface for isolation and low common mode emissions.
MikroTik is using the two GH5210 LF Discrete LAN Magetics with DELA S100
Enhancement on Industrial Grade Thermal material from Shin-Etsu (Made in Japan) will apply to CPU again.
AfterDark. BLACKICE Gound box can be connect via the pole on the right corner.
AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO Master Clock Features:
- The product uses the selected audio grade OCXO, and through long-term calibration to select and install equipment with excellent stability.
- OCXO that employs with qualitative measure equipment.
- OCXO is enclosed and covered with Dynamat Extreme Corporation (Made in USA) which is used to stabilize and minimize heat separation, addition EMI material from KEMET EMI Shielding is placed on top of OCXO, the outer layer is covered with real leather to isolate the heat factors for maximizing OCXO performance .
- Advanced instrument Symmetricom 5125A calibrated with plotted characteristics. The phase noise, and Allen Derivation defines different grades of the OCXO.
- Kester Sn60 Pb40 Solder
- Duelund Premium Audio Cable (Handmade in Denmark) (Internel DC cable only)
Giesemann OCXO Level selection value
The OCXO installed in the product can calibrate the products used in industrial equipment for a long time, and use equipment with good characteristics. In order to optimally select the audio clock, we comprehensively evaluate with Symmetricom Flagship 5125A to analysis the phase noise characteristics and short-term stability (Allen dispersion) that can be determinate the OCXO grading accordingly.
The OCXO installed in this product uses a stable OCXO unit that has been calibrated for several months. In order to make the best choice of OCXO. We are conducting a comprehensive evaluation of phase noise characteristics and short-term stability (Allen dispersion) during detailed inspection.
The final product will final measured and fine tuned with Keysight 53220A with reference to Atomic Clock , GPSDO.
Quality of OCXO is determined by Phase Noise at 1Hz / at 10Hz
Phase noise: -119 to -113 dBc / Hz or lower at 1 Hz offset (Grades) -137 dBc / Hz or lower at 10 Hz offset
||Phase Noise@ 10Hz
||Phase Noise@ 1Hz
|Emperor Signature SE
|Emperor CROWN SE
|Emperor DOUBLE CROWN
|Emperor TRIPLE CROWN
|Emperor Giesemann EVA
Allan variance short-term stability reference value
[Emperor Giesemann EVA]TAU = 1sec 2.50E-13 or less（0.00025ppb / s）
[Emperor Giesemann] TAU = 1sec 2.78E-13 or less（0.00028ppb / s）
[Emperor Triple Crown] TAU = 1sec 3.8E-13 or less（0.00038ppb / s）
|CPU core count
|CPU nominal frequency
|Size of RAM
||Approximately 200'000 hours at 25C
|Tested ambient temperature
||-40°C to 70°C